The image above is a 140x60 degrees panorama of amsterdam, in a equirectangular projection. In order to
make it visibile with the correct dimensions as a panorama, take the following steps:
- Drag and drop the image into the program
- Because of its dimensions, the image is not recognised to be in equirectangular projection. In
INPUT-tab, choose 'equirectangular'
- Enter '140' as horizontal angle
- For output, select '360 x 180 equirectangular'
- For options, select 'Seperate files'
- Press 'create to save the resulting image
The top and bottom part of the image are automatically filled in with a color that is the avarage of
pixels on the top and bottom of the original image.
Note that the images size has blown up considerably, but the compressed image size won't increase
much because the even colors.