* fixed crash on 32 bit systems in combination with 7 piece endgames
* print game option
* updated french translation (hirel)
27-1-2013 version 4.1.6
* slightly less memory use
* several bugfixes
11-1-2013 version 4.1.3
This release addresses several bugs and improves playing strength
* improved pdn import for files generated by Turbo dambase
* damexchange: minor bugfixes
* damexchange: dragon now limits the amount of hash tables it uses if it thinks the setting is too high (using too large tables will hurt performance)
* cleaned up some of the extended statistics
Engine changes: (resulting in about 30-50 elo points strength improvement)
* increased performance: about 50% more evaluations per second
* improvements in evaluation function
* fixed a bug that caused dragon to occasionaly play a random (bad) move
- Please note that Dragon performs best on multicore-64 bit systems
8-10-2012 version 4.1
Main change in this version is the inclusion of a more advanced evalution function, which plays a lot better. This function is used when dragon plays tournaments and is now available in this version. Because it uses large tables, dragon 4.1 starts a bit slower than the older versions.
- game analyses now shows variants directly
- damexchange: dragon can now accept the time control suggestion from the client (option is configurable)
- added option to create error report in case of a engine crash
- various bugfixes: languages, scroll, copy&paste, opening some pdn files, game color in saved positions, playout game, permanent brain
- inclusion of breakthrough and other tables that increase dragon's playing strength (about 140 elo points)
- better move ordering (+20%), faster evaluation (+%2), large page support (+3%-6%) (about 15 elo points)
- bugfixes: endgame generation, minor fixes in eval function
21-9-2011 version 4.0 SetupDragon v4.0.msi
- completely new user interface
- engine search speed is increased by a factor between 2 and 3, due to improved multithreading algorithms and switch to bitboards.
- endgame database generation is fully multithreaded and can generate up to 8 piece endgames (given sufficient ram)
12-1-2008 version 3.0 (still available as setup dragon-3.0beta.exe)
#Massively improved game analyses:
Dragon spends more time on interresting positions, less on obvious moves
Analyses is created as game variant
Continuation is done on full search depth
Evaluation at end of game
Quick game analyses option: checks for blunders and gives quickly produces score graph
Automatic threshold: lower the comment threshold at longer thinking times
Fixed bug when windows went into screensaver
Form to quickly enter a new game, or copy & paste a game from a website or other document
Game moves are now implemented as a tree, allowing for variants, and variants of variants, ad infinitum
Graph displaying score during the game
Option form split in 3 seperate tabs
Options to change some of dragon's colors.
Dragon can now utilise multi-core processors. Speedup is still modest though. Measured as time to reach a certain level of play, dragon is 1.55 times faster on dual core, and 1.99 times on a quad-core. Set up the number of processors you want dragon to use in the options.
Endgame databases are now accessed directly from disk if there are not available in memory
Improved database compression. All 6 piece endings now fit on a single CD
About 10% speed improvement
Improved move ordering
Improved identication of drawn endgames
Lastgame.pdn can't be overwritten anymore by an empty game
Save as applet problem fixed
Infinite analyses did not work when still in opening book
Position analyses sometimes produced invalid continuations on lower depths
06-07-2005 Version 2.4 (still available as dragonDraughts for windows v2.4.1)
- Beta version of 64 bit engine (requires 64 bit capable windows version) This allows up to 8 GB hashtables, and endgame databases are limited by available ram only
- Dragon now plays immidiately if it recognizes that all moves lead the same result (this happens for instance when there are two ways of capturing the same piece)
- Switched on anisotropic filtering for better graphics (Set anti-aliasing to 4x or 6x)
- Improved performance of the 3d-board, now using hardware T&L
- Automatic reboot if the engine should crash
09-05-2005 Version 2.3
14-04-2005 Version 2.2.3
25-03-2005 Version 2.2
24-11-2004 Version 2.1
- Dragon now has a TCP based connection between the user interface and the engine, making the user interface respond much faster.
- Analyse position now shows the first few moves of the principle variation
- New analyses option: infinite analyses (shift-F3). When using this option dragon does not move after the anayses is stopped.
- Incoming damexchange connections are now turned of by default for security reasons.
Added 6x anti-aliasing option
- Added graphics benchmark option in the view menu.
- Pieces now have shadows (enable/disable in the options)
- Dragon can now run in fullscreen mode (use alt-tab to switch on/off)
- Highlighted fields still show background (enable/disable transparancy in the options)
- Last move by dragon is now highlighted
- 3D-board now loads 8 times faster
- Improvements and bugfixes in search engine --> 52% speed improvement.
- In memory compression of endgame databases: this allows to use between 4 and 8 times as many endgame positions in a given amount of memory.
To compress your existing databases, start the database generator and use the command 'compall'. When this is done, you can increase the number of databases that dragon uses.
- Improved move ordering --> 20% speed improvement.
- Incremental computation of hashes --> 8% speed improvement.
- Major bug fix: sometimes the internal board became corrupted, leading to illegal positions
- Detection of draw by repetition
1-2-2004 Version 1.2.3
- Database generation requires a lot less computer memory (RAM). 6 pieces win/draw/lose database now only require 128 Mb RAM (256 MB recommended for faster computation)
- Option to generate 'Distance to win' databases, for flawless moves in the endgame. With these databases, dragon wins all endgames in the shortest possible time.
- Generation of 7 piece databases is now feasable if you have 1 GB of RAM. However this does take 3 months.
- The endgame databases can be loaded on demand now rather than at the start of the program. This makes dragon start up faster.
- New and better interface to generate and select the loading of databases.
- You can now run the generator and dragon simultaneously.
- Verification process can now be stopped and continued
Unfortunately these databases are incompatible with dragon's earlier databases. If you have previously generated some databases, you need to do this again. Select 'view --> options' from the menu. Then click on 'endgame database setup' to generate the new databases.
13-11-2003 Version 1.1.10
14-9-2003 Version 1.1.8
25-8-2003 Version 1.1.2
28-7-2003 Version 1.0.13b
21-7-2003 Version 1.0.13
14-7-2003 Version 1.0.10
11-7-2003 Version 1.0.8
12-6-1996 Versie 0.2
Grafische interface voor linux
1996 Versie 0.1
1996 Versie 0.0 DragonDraughts-0.0.tgz